Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Hour of the Toiling Gods



(follows to "The Hour before the Gods Awake")

The article* on Sri Aurobindo I mention in the previous post  had the strangest story an article could have. Beside that it required a subtle visit to Auroville together with the Master, it acted like the dissolvent for all my doubts and restorer of my peace of mind, moreover it was born in such unusual way deserving to be counted because it shows some of the activities we can entertain with in the mental world, and testifies on the existence of mental beings on such a level, as Mother repeatedly mentioned to Satprem.


One night, as soon as my body fell asleep, I "woke up" on the other side.
I only lost consciousness for a few moments while the body fell asleep, from that moment on, the physical body continued to sleep while I remained awake. At all the effects, I had never fall asleep. I knew exactly who I was, I didn't loose any cognition of my identity. I was as to say, a body of consciousness, my mental faculties were all there, intact in the transition, but now with an additional conscious acquaintance and access to a limitrophe condition of being and space of existence.  The mental world. 

Though not familiar with that condition, I knew already enough for not fearing it, I had grown accustomed to it.

This necessary introduction doesn't make any justice to the speed of the whole process, because within instants, as soon as I was in conscious sleep I unwillingly started to ascend within a blue mental atmosphere charged with a whitish fog everywhere, till I remained suspended in the middle of nowhere. 
I concentrated all my attention around and through that fog but there was anything else but that blue mist.
Then, an inner injunction as a silent voice alerted me to focus better.
I didn't know it could be possible to focus better in that conditions but I did. For a moment there was something as an invisible swirl at the level of my eyes which pierced the fog, then suddenly I saw them. 

It was a circle of beings not far from me.
They were handsome and seemingly entertained in some unknown activity of their own because they were not distracted by my sudden appearance.
They looked all male, with long black hair till the base of the neck, all dressed with a blue robe which left their right arm uncovered as the Buddhist monks, or rather, as the ancient gods in Renaissance paintings or Greek representations. Even the color of their skin was but a whiter shade of blue. 

They looked as gods or higher beings, certainly of a very noble nature, and they seemed at ease levitating in the middle of nowhere.
At first I felt somehow embarrassed to present myself uninvited, and for a brief instant I didn't know what to do.
But a moment later I heard a warm telepathic welcome from all of them at the unisone and the invitation to join the group.

In that fog I had not many options left so I joined that unfamiliar group of six or seven, sitting among them within the circle while discovering I had instantly acquired the faculty to be in telepathic contact with each of them.
In that new condition of perception, I could appreciate that in spite of their physical similarity, inwardly they each had quite a different and exquisite personality.

Their main interest was an object floating in the middle of the circle.
At first sight it looked like a seed of a plant big as a dish, open in two halves.
But soon my attention was attracted by one of them saying something like: "At this point having we said that, we  should also say...(don´t remember the exact words), and while talking, he made a gesture with his right arm uplifted and "taking the mental concept from high", descended the arm toward the seed and with a mudra of his fingers he placed the concept into the seed.

"But then", said another one "if we say this, we should also add... (again don´t remember the exact words, but he does a similar gestures as the previous one, till a number of them expresses their opinion).

At this point it had become clear that these beings were mental beings* and were dealing with thoughts and concepts, they could create coherent lines of thoughts, they seemed having access to a kind of invisible "mental reservoir" of concepts of different kind, dealing with them with an absolute coherence which I could clearly follow, and then put them into the seed.
So at that point the seed itself attracted my attention, and I focused on it better.

What had looked like a seed, looked now a typewritten page, and for a few moments I asked myself how was it possible that amid all such beauty and perfection, things could not be better arranged than presenting a page seemingly written with an old typewriter with some letter out of line!
Me too had an old one with that same regretful defect.
I made an extra effort in order to focus exactly on the sense and meaning of the written page, but then, I could not avoid a sudden and deep surprise!

The written page was exactly an article of mine on certain aspects of the integral yoga (of Sri Aurobindo) which I myself was writing at that moment! And the letters out of line I detected on the page were those of my own typewriter!

That sudden incredible awareness made me literally fall down quite abruptly back into my body again, waking up immediately with a jump.
I ran to my article, the page was still on the roller of the typewriter in all similar, even in the defects of issue!

That morning, while I sat again to my table in front of the typewriter with the intention to conclude the article, my mind went again to that unknown fellows of the mental world, I asked myself if they were invisibly around me.
Till then I believed to be the original and only author of the article, but now it seemed other beings had taken part in writing it!  
                                                           *********************
*I was asked if the article is still available and which was the subject. I don't think it is available anymore nor I own any copy of it anymore, but I remember it faced the argument of death as optional in the development of the supermental consciousness and I advocated for a future immortality.

*For their look and behavior and for the situation in itself, later I found a similar reference from Mother (Mira Alphassa) when she mentioned a bluish being at the back of Satprem (see Agenda), which she identified as a Muse, incidentally Satprem was at that time writing a book on integral yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment